Saturday, May 9, 2009

Summer in Chennai

Hi everybody. It has been a very long time since I last updated this blog. Summer in Chennai is just too much to bear. Although I am used to such a scortching sun, something makes this summer specially tough. Adding to the heat is the election heat. Just a few days to go for the 15th general elections, candidates in the fray are daring the hot sun. Many candidates have come up with fancy and at times flimsy electoral promises. This time, atleast in Tamilnadu, the electoral promises of freebies have taken a backseat.

Apart from election it is my summer project that keeps me occupied these days. My summer project is at Indian Oil Corporation's Regional Headquarters at Chennai. The project is all about working capital management at IOC. The project is more oriented towards theory than practice. I doubt any value addition from this experience, still experience remains.

Reading books has taken a new turn with new interest developed on classics. Right now I am reading those classics on which I can lay my hands. Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet and Benjamin Graham's Security Analysis are the classics that are adorning my table now. One drama and other finance classic is a good combination, isnt it?

Meet you in the next post.

No comments: