Friday, April 2, 2010

Forbidden Forbidden






I have never been a traveler. The last long holiday I had was five day stay at Prot Blair some five years back. Now I am again on a long holiday. This time to Ladakh in Kashmir. The picturesque, adventurous, Buddhist part of Kashmir is the holiday home.

This region's sobriquet is the forbidden land which is how Tibet of China is also known. This may be because of the historical links between Ladakh and Tibet. From preliminary researches I understand that weather may be a bit inclement but should be thrilling. A lot of places are there to be visited. I am sure the geography of the region is going to be splendid. Excited to feel the lunar-like surface of Ladakh.

This holiday also presents me a interesting opportunity to write a travelogue. I knew nothing of the basics or essentials of a travelogue. I have never tried one. May be I learn by soiling my hands straight away. I shall publish the travelogue as a multi-part series in this blog. A lot of information that my readers may need to plan their trip to Ladakh will be a part of it.

Bye for now. I will back with Ladakh posts soon.

1 comment:

Smita Minz said...

You did it and I am yet to finish my memoir. Your update was refreshing and encouraging and will surely help me update my blog...
Keep writing...
Regards,
Smita